On April 19th HFBC members were invited to a small gathering at The Oceanaire Seafood Room in Houston's Galleria for A Taste of the Florida Keys event. Attendees learned what's new in Keys travel, especially cuisine, arts & culture and adventure excursions. Key highlights of the evening were :
- Savoring indigenous Keys seafood
- Signature Florida Keys cocktail
- Planning a road trip down the Keys Overseas Highway
- Learning how to blow a conch shell from a native Key West "conch"
- Discovering continental America's only coral barrier reef
HFBC bloggers that attended the event had an awesome time and took some amazing pics of the food. To see more event coverage from The Hurried Hostess and 2 Girls Who Travel click on their images above.
The Key Lime Martini and Key Lime Pie were a big hit at the event.